Calibration Forums

Calibration Forums (http://www.ControlCAL.com/forum/index.php)
-   General ControlCAL Discussion (http://www.ControlCAL.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ControlCAL v1.x - v1.50 is Now Available! (http://www.ControlCAL.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1)

Turbe 04-06-2008 11:01 PM

ControlCAL v1.x - v1.50 is Now Available!

ControlCAL v1.50
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™
Display Control and Calibration Made Easy!™
No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

http://www.ControlCAL.com

ISFccc Software / ISF Software

ANNOUNCEMENT (3/1/2011): ControlCAL v1.50 Available!

ControlCAL is an Control and Calibration Application for Video Displays supporting a Serial/RS232 interface. ControlCAL will allow you to send any available commands to any Display that allows RS232 control (in 'Advance' Mode). You may need the document that shows the RS232 codes for your specific Display model.

Using ControlCAL's One Page Calibration Screen will allow you easy access to your Display's Calibration Controls... No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control.

Quote:

ControlCal is a very well designed tool that will allow one to attain maximum performance from these displays. I myself own the software and will be making this option available to my Pio-9G clients.

Eliab
Avical
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Ross
the ControlCal software surely unlocks more of the beast contained within these displays

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonbek777
Just a quick update, I have been really busy lately and haven't been able to post. I have a 151 and while I have been happy with my purchase I wished I had a little more punch for sports and was never totally happy with the various settings I tried. Well after researching ControlCAL, and making sure I was comfortable with the process, I took the dive and purchased the software and the Keyspan USB/Serial adapter. My wife and I activated the ISF modes on Christmas Eve, and the difference is amazing. ISF night with DNice's settings is simply the best I have seen a blu-ray look. ISF day makes football look glorious. This is what I wanted out of my 151, and now I have it. I urge all of you guys on the fence to take a chance, ISF night and day modes make this tv shine. Thanks Turbe and DNice for all your hard work, watching Ole Miss and Utah win last night with these new settings....it was better than being there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petmic10
I finally had the opportunity to use ControlCal and I wanted to
say how easy it was to use.:)

I have to admit I was a little nervous before trying because I
am not very computer savy but I followed the excellent instructions
and input ISF night and ISF day settings rather easily.:thumbsup:

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by pj121391
After Break in and setting D-Nice's settings with ControlCal, Blu-ray is truly AWESOME what a great 3D Dimension the Picture has now, not that is was bad out-of-the-box. But now it is Breathtaking :)

More ControlCAL Reviews & Testimonials

With ControlCAL's Open/Universal Design, Display Profiles (CDP File Format) can be quickly created for many Manufacturers and Displays. We have a few Premium Display Profiles available now:

Panasonic VT25 ISFccc Display Profile Set* [For VT25 Support, Contact Us]
Pioneer 7G ISFccc TV Only Display Profile Set*
Pioneer 8G ISFccc Display Profile Set*
Pioneer 9G ISFccc Regions1 Display Profile Set*
Pioneer 9G ISFccc Regions2 Display Profile Set*
Pioneer 9G ISFccc Elite Monitor Display Profile Set* [add-on only]
Pioneer 9G ISFccc EURO KRP-M Monitor Display Profile Set* [add-on only]
Pioneer 9G Monitor Standard AV Selections Display Profile Set*
Mitsubishi HC3000/HC1500 Display Profile Set
Mitsubishi HC4900 Display Profile Set - Built-in Display Profile
More will be available soon.

Click Here for the Display Profiles Discussion Threads.

*Requires a ControlCAL Registered or greater Activation Key.

With Third party Calibration Applications that control Colorimeters and/or Spectroradiometers and support ControlCAL's API (under development), the entire Display Calibration Process can be automated.

Suggestions and Feedback Welcome!

MS Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 Supported. The .NET Framework is not required but DirectX is. Video Card with 32MB, Sound Card, 512MB RAM minimum and Mouse/Touchpad required! NOTE: Windows 8.1 users may need an alternate ControlCAL v1.5 installation package - Contact Us for download information:

NOTE: Windows 8/Windows 10 will need the Directplay feature enabled. During ControlCAL Installation/first time ran, Windows 10 should ask you if you want to enable the Directplay feature. If not, you can manually enable it (if you use Avast, you may need to temporarily disable it to enable Directplay).

To manually enable Directplay in Windows 10:

• Right click Start
  • Click Programs and Features (or in the Windows 10 Search box, type: Programs and Features)
  • Click Turn Windows features on or off
  • Make sure there is a check in Legacy Components
  • Click the + to expand
  • Check the box for DirectPlay

Have a Mac? See Here.

Help with the options in Edit/Create mode will be in Posts #2-#3 in this thread....

PIONEER ISFccc Display Profiles for 8G, 9G Elites TV's and 9G Elite Monitors? Click Here!

*** ---> TIP: If your PC does not have an open Serial/RS232 Port (or non at all), ControlCAL does support the Keyspan USB to Serial Adaptor and the ControlCAL USB Serial Adapter available bundled with ControlCAL.

PROFESSIONAL? Using ControlCAL for Non Personal Use? You are required to have a Professional Activation Key (or Professional Plus).

http://i35.tinypic.com/2woewqb.jpg
FOR NEW/EXISTING INSTALLATIONS

NOTE: For Existing Installations, backup your ControlCAL.ini file if you have customized it. Remove/Delete your previous ControlCAL Installations first.

Host A:
NEW 3/1/2011 ----> Download ControlCAL_v1.50_Install/Setup/Upgrade Application

Host B:
NEW 3/1/2011 ----> Download ControlCAL_v1.50_Install/Setup/Upgrade Application

NEW 9/14/2009 ----> ControlCAL User's Guide (Right Click and select "SAVE AS") - Special Thanks to progprog for the countless hours working on this (and accepting my endless change requests).
:thumbsup:

ControlCAL End User License Agreement (EULA) - CLICK HERE

ControlCAL ACTIVATION KEY AND LICENSE INFORMATION:
  • The Registered Activation Key is valid only for personal use by Non-Professionals on your own display.
  • If you are a Professional in the Video, Audio, Broadcast, Film and/or Home Theater Industry or you want to use ControlCAL on Multiple Display Models, you are required to have a Professional Activation Key regardless if you are using ControlCAL on your own display.
  • ControlCAL's Activation Keys are not transferable. ControlCAL is Licensed to a specific User.
Examples of uses that require a Professional license:
  • Professional video calibration service — You charge a client money for calibrating a display.
  • Multiple Displays including those not owned by you — You want to use ControlCAL on multiple Displays including friends and family owned displays.
  • Industry Insider/Professional — You are in the Video, Audio, Broadcast, Film and/or Home Theater Industry.
  • Commercial Enterprise — You are a corporate entity rather than an individual. You use ControlCAL in the course of your business.

v1.41 Beta 2 Screen Shots | ControlCAL's Complete Changelog

Released Versions:

v1.50:
Build 34 - 03/01/2011
+Additional Display Profiles installed Automatically.
+Display Profiles now located in the "Display Profile" folder under ControlCAL's installation folder.
+Additional Manufacturer Formats supported.

v1.45:
Build 26 - 06/20/2009
+ControlCAL v1.45 Released!

v1.41:
Build 24 - 01/25/2009
+ControlCAL v1.41 (FINAL) Released!

Build 23 - 11/20/2008
+Changed Code Support for KRP-500M/KRP-600M, All Regions (North American KRP Monitors not supported).
+Changed Code Support for KRP-500A/KRP-600A, All European Models.
+Fixed Evaluation Activation functions.

Build 22 - 09/30/2008
+Added Support for new 9G Pioneer Kuro Monitor Command Format.
+ISFccc Input Function changed with option to Force Input Change in ControlCAL if an Error Code is received from the Display.
+Now clearing Serial Read Buffer when entering the ISFccc Interface, ISFccc Input change, REFRESH ALL and Gamma Only REFRESH.

Build 21 - 09/21/2008
+Minor Activation code changes.
+Minor ISFccc Interface code changes.

Build 20 - 07/29/2008
+First Release Candidate - No New Features/Options will be added in v1.41.
+Full Activation System is now Enabled.
+Option in the Pioneer C3 Mode to customize 3 of 4 text lines saved to the ISFccc Interface (Professional Plus Activation Key required).

Here are a few screen shots (not updated for v1.41):

v1.4 Display Profile Edit/View Option:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...lCAL_Edit2.jpg

"One Page Calibration Screen" for Mitsubishi Projectors (HC1500/HC3000/HC4900/HC5000/HC6000):
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...lCAL_Main2.jpg

ControlCAL Terminal Window (Advance Mode):
Advance Mode Port Monitoring and Send Confirmation not available in Locked Display Profiles.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...olCAL_Term.jpg

ISF and ISFccc are trademarks of Imaging Science Foundation.

Turbe 04-06-2008 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HELP - Creating/Editing ControlCAL Display Profiles:
I'm still working on this documentation.... :D
AUTHOR - The Display Profile's Creator's Name. [Optional - 20 Characters Maximum]
DISPLAY INFO - Provide information regarding which Displays are supported by the Profile. [Required - 40 Characters Maximum]
START CODE - HEX Code* required for the Display's Serial Command Format - Refer to your Display's Documentation.
END CODE - HEX Code* required for the Display's Serial Command Format - Refer to your Display's Documentation.
CONTROLS #1 - #18 - Check the Box on the Left of each Control to Enable that Control.
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/atta...3&d=1208054762
LABEL - Control Description/Label [20 Characters Maximum]
L, D, H - Control Value Range, L=Lowest Value of Range, D=Default/Starting Range Value, H=Highest Value of Range. [Range Min/Max: -999/999]
SET - HEX Code* required to send the Value to the Parameter/Setting associated with this Control - Refer to your Display's Documentation.
GET - HEX Code* required to receive the Value of the Parameter/Setting associated with this Control - Refer to your Display's Documentation.
* 2 HEX characters per byte, no spaces between each code, 12 bytes maximum. i.e. for 0 hex, enter 00, for A hex, enter 0A.
OTHER:
# Format - Used to Configure how ControlCAL outputs the value associated with each Control.
1 - i.e. -11, -1, 0, 1, 11
2 - i.e. -11, -1, 0, +1, +11
3 - i.e. -11, -1, +0, +1, +11
4 - i.e. -11, -01, 00, 01, 11
5 - i.e. -11, -01, 000, +01, +11
6 - i.e. -11, -01, +00, +01, +11 (used by Mitsubishi HC Series Projectors)
7 - i.e. -111, -011, -001, 000, 001, 011, 111
8 - i.e. -111, -011, -001, 000, +001, +011, +111
9 - i.e. -111, -011, -001, +000, +001, +011, +111
10 - Sony Format - # output as one 2byte hex code. Use with ZERO IS set to 00 hex.
11 - Modified Sony Format - doesn't use upper byte, NO NEGATIVE NUMBERS
12 - Reserved
13 - Reserved
14 - Reserved
ZERO IS - In HEX, what 0 (Zero) equals - Used with the value associated with each Control. [1 byte/2 HEX Characters Maximum]
30 hex - Used by Mitsubishi HC Series Projectors and most other Manufacturer's Displays.
00 hex - Used by Sony's newer Projectors.
CHECKSUM - If enabled, calculates and outputs a Checksum Value for Sony's Newer Displays (does not include START or END CODE in Calculation).
HIDE I/O - If enabled, will not show output or input in the Terminal Window and Send Confirmation will be disabled. To be effective, use with LOCK/PROTECT.
LOCK/PROTECT - If enabled, a password will be required to Edit/View the Display Profile's Configuration. The "One Page Calibration Screen" for the Profile is still available, though some or all Locked Display Profiles may only be available to Registered/Activated or Pro Versions of ControlCAL.

ERROR 1/2 -
WAIT TIME -
ACT LEVEL -

PIONEER C3 - Reserved.
C3 GEN - Reserved.
C3 LVL - Reserved.

-Shawn

Turbe 04-06-2008 11:05 PM

Reserved for future use!

Turbe 04-06-2008 11:07 PM

ControlCAL.ini Setting Descriptions

Default Settings (Note: ControlCAL will default most values if the ControlCAL.ini file is missing or improper values are entered):
Quote:

[Profile]
Forced_Wait_For=-1
Startup_Load="C:\YourProfile.cdp"

[AutoSend]
AutoSend_Timing=15
Forced_Wait_For=[-1, 0-2000]
If this is Set between 0ms to 2000ms, ControlCAL will always use this value for the Wait_For Communication Setting instead of the one entered and saved with the Display Profile (helpful if the Display Profile is Locked). This is the time (in ms) between commands sent to the Display. Set to -1 to use the Wait_For value entered and saved with the Display Profile.

Startup_Load=Path/Display Profile
If you want to load a specific Display Profile each time ControlCAL is started, enter the Display Profile's Full Path and File Name without quotes.

AutoSend_Timing=[1-60]
How long the AutoSend Window is open/closed for sending commands when Auto Send is enabled (in ms). The Default [15] will allow commands to be sent approximately once per second. Use a smaller number to allow more steps to be sent per second, larger for less steps. Setting this to 60 would allow commands to be sent approximately once every two seconds.

More information concerning these Settings can be found Below.
Wolfy tested various Settings and reporting his results Below.

NOTE:
Make sure ControlCAL.ini is in the same directory as ControlCAL's .EXE.
If you make any changes while ControlCAL is running, you need to restart ControlCAL.

Great feedback :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfy (Post 119)
[Profile]
Forced_Wait_For=1000

The Wait_Time saved within the Pioneer Display Profiles is 500ms, so I would not set this to 1000. Yesterday, if I remember correctly, gatornavy reported that 100 works for him. A lower number will improve performance. I am not sure I would go that low, maybe 200 but if you experience issues, set this higher or to -1. It will depend on your computer's processor, COM Port speed and the Display itself.

I won't change the saved Display Profile setting until many more have tested as 500ms was recommended to me.

Please try setting it to less than 500 (you can even set 0 but I doubt the Display would consistently keep up with communications) and post your results here. I recommend trying 400, 300, 200 and 100.

100 should make it feel zippy.. :D

Remember, this setting will force the Wait_Time value you entered (if not -1) for all Profiles loaded in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfy (Post 119)
[AutoSend]
AutoSend_Timing=1

Try setting this to 10, 6 and 5. IMO, best settings are < 30, but I did want 31 to 60 just in case....

I personally liked 15 but you will want to find what works best for you.... :D

Please post feedback..

-Shawn

Test Report, ControlCAL.ini (Using the Pioneer 8G C3 Display Profiles):

Hardware/Software:
  • ControlCAL v. 1.41 Beta2 build 12.
  • M/B: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe.
  • CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (2.09 GHz).
  • RAM: 2 GB Corsair.
  • OPsys: Windows XP Pro, SP2, fully up to date.
  • COM1 setting: BPS: 9600, Data Bits: 8, Parity: None, Stop Bits: 1, Flow Control: None.
  • Display: Pioneer PDP-428XD, RS-232 setting: 9600BPS
  • Cable: Straight serial cable female-female DB9, approximately 3 m.
ControlCAL.ini settings:

Forced_Wait_For:

Legend: Setting: Refresh/Send All (TV Response Time/ControlCAL Response Time); End Calibration (TV Response Time/ControlCAL Response Time); No issues/Issues.

All measurements are in seconds. I used Profile P1 for all measurements.

By TV Response Time I mean the time it takes from start to fisnish for the TV to show that it has completed receiving/sending the data, e.g. the time from start to finish form when you click Refresh until the ISF menu on the TV has stopped flashing.

By ControlCAL Response Time I mean the time it takes from start to finish for ControlCAL's UI to show that it has completed receiving/sending the data, e.g. the time from start to finish from when you click Refresh and the UI shows the message "Polling Display - Please Wait..." and until it disappears.
  • 1000: Refresh/Send All (21/21); End Calibration (26/33); No issues (1).
  • -1 (Default = 500): Refresh/Send All (11/11); End Calibration (26/17); No issues (2).
  • 400: Refresh/Send All (11/8); End Calibration (26/13); No issues.
  • 300: Refresh/Send All (11/6); End Calibration (26/10); No issues.
  • 200: Refresh/Send All (11/4); End Calibration (26/7); No issues.
  • 100: Refresh/Send All (11/2); End Calibration (26/4); Issues (3).
(1): I know that the setting of 1000 makes no sense, I only included it for reference to other settings. It does however make for a better timing for when the "ISF Calibration Mode has been disabled" dialog appears after having clicked End Calibration ;)

(2): ControlCAL is slightly faster than the TV.

(3): After having entered ISF Day/Night, when clicking Refresh the following labels turns red: Sharpness, Color Management-R, G-Low, B-Low, R Gamma, G Gamma. Subsequent clicks on Refresh or Send All turns some labels back to normal, but never all of the labels. I can still move the red sliders and the values are being sent to the display and were saved when I click Save Settings and End Calibration so I'm not sure if this only is a "cosmetic" issue.

AutoSend_Timing:

No issue with any setting from the default of 15 to 10, 6 or 5. The only difference I've noticed is that for the settings 6 and 5 the sliders for Color Management has slightly better response, meaning that I can select one of the CM sliders and click on the right or left arrow at a rate of about two presses a second and the values are continuously being sent to the TV. With the settings above that I need to press with a rate about one press per second otherwise the slider won't change its setting from one press to the next.

Conclusion: From my testing I have only had issues with the setting Forced_Wait_For set to 100 and even for that setting nothing happened other than some labels turning red.

Having said that, one might have to select a different RS-232 setting in the Pioneer to benefit from the lower settings for Forced_Wait_For, otherwise you will still be waiting for the TV to finish(?). Personally though I see no need for it, so I will stick with the default settings which I am very pleased with.

Turbe 04-29-2008 07:44 PM

Development Changelog:

v1.41 RC1:
Build 20 - 07/29/2008
+Option in the Pioneer C3 Mode to customize 3 of 4 text lines saved to the ISFccc Interface (Professional Plus Activation Key required).

v1.41 Beta:
Build 19 - 06/20/2008
+Beta 3 Released - First Public Beta Version for 1.41.
+EDIT Mode now Enabled. Create, Save and Share your own ControlCAL Display Profiles.

Build 18 - 05/23/2008
+Enabled Number Format #1 for REFRESH (mainly for Mitsubishi HC Series).

Build 17 - 05/20/2008
+Changed/fixed(?) ISF C3 Inputs Tuner A - Tuner F.

Build 16 - 05/18/2008
+Removed check for "No Communications" during C3 INPUT Change/SET.
+Added Reset C3 Input Combobox after Calibration Mode successfully Closed (END CALIBRATION).
+Added additional time (based on Profile's Wait_For) to enable OSD when Calibration Mode is Closed (END CALIBRATION).
+Changed END CALIBRATION status text from "ISF MODE CLOSING" to "C3 MODE CLOSING".
+Changed/fixed Home [Media] Gallery Input Code.
+Fixed C3 Input Combobox not Resetting to blank on Invalid Input Set (when blank to begin with).

Build 15 - 05/14/2008
+Fixed Saving and Restoring Extras Window Position.
+Fixed Tuner and Home [Media] Gallery Input Selections.
+Fixed 9G support for North American Models (Region).
+Added 9G support for Japanese Models (Region).
+Fixed close COM port on exit (if open) - Left Disabled in Last Build.
+Auto enable OSD (On) when Ending C3 Calibration Mode (END CALIBRATION).
+Changed "ISF" Text to "Pioneer C3" in START/END CALIBRATION Success/No Success Dialogs.
+Additional Error Checking on C3 INPUT Control (when SET Button Pressed).
+Added Zoom Control to C3 Profile P2.
+Code rewritten in C3 START CALIBRATION and INPUT functions.
+Additional Undisclosed C3 Options.
+Additional Minor Bug fixes.

Build 14 - 04/28/2008
+Last two Profiles Loaded will be available in the File Menu for Quick Load.
+Added Option to Load a specific Profile on Startup (new ControlCAL.ini option - [Profile] Startup_Load=).
+Added Confirmation Dialog for ISF RESET CURRENT Button.
+'Polling Display, Please Wait...' now displayed when Refreshing Gamma Only.
+Each Control's Label should no longer flash sporadically*.
+Several functions re-written*.
+Minor Bug fixed in Control #6 Slider Position (COLOR MANAGMENT G in ISF C3 P1).
+Changed Keys used in the Menus for some Commands/Options.
*ControlCAL Process' CPU USAGE reduced by 50%.

Build 12 - 04/20/2008
+Auto Send option - Control's Value is automatically sent when its Slider is moved without the need to Press the Control's SEND Button.
+Disable Error Dialogs option - Some Error Dialogs can now be disabled.
+ControlCAL.ini config file - Allows you to tune ControlCAL's performance.
+Additional Settings are saved on exit (Auto Send, Auto Add CR, Confirm Send, Error Dialogs and HEX Input).
-Removed Keyboard Key Toggles (F5, F7 and F8).
+Some Code optimized or re-written to save memory and improve performance.

Build 11 - 04/17/2008
+All Pioneer Display Regions now Supported (North America, Europe, Australia, China and General Regions).
+Changed the labels for the two Buttons to Enter/Exit Calibration (START CALIBRATION and END CALIBRATION).

v1.4 RC1 - 03/05/2008
+NEW ControlCAL Display Profile File Format (.cdp extension).
+Create/Edit/View/Save ControlCAL Display Profiles Option.
+Load Display Profiles created by others.
+You can now toggle between ASCII and HEX Input Modes in the ControlCAL Terminal Window (Advance Mode).
+Internal Serial Command Format Support for many Manufacturers including BenQ, Epson, JVC, Panasonic, Pioneer, Mitsubishi, Sanyo, Sony (including Sony Checksum), Sharp and more....
+Internal Support for Mitsubishi HC Series Projectors - Profile can be used as a starting point for Creating a Profile for your Display.
+Many Internal Code Changes...
+More info Coming Soon......
*v1.4 RC1 is a Time Limited Version and will expire on May 31, 2008.

v1.3 - 02/07/2008
+Name Changed to ControlCAL.
+MS Vista Now Supported.
+Several Internal Code Optimizations.
+Fixed Xon/Xoff Flow Control Bug.
+Added 'Donate' Menu Option (Donate via PayPal for ControlCAL's Development).

v1.2 - 01/27/2008
+Added Internal PQ Calibration Control Support for Mitsubishi Projectors (tested on HC3000, HC4900*).
+Added Serial Communication Error Handling
+Several Internal Code Changes.
*HC1500, HC5000 and HC6000 should work as well (and other Mitsubishi Models or Displays that support their Serial Codes).

v1.1 - 01/23/2008
+Added ability to change Port and Parameters.
+Terminal Window is now optional (Advance Mode).
+Polished up the interface.
+Interface ready for Projector specific Control/Calibration Page.

v1.0 - 01/14/2008
Original Release.

Turbe 06-20-2008 04:29 PM

The first Public Beta Version for 1.41 is Now Available!

Please see Post #1 of this Thread for more information.

Turbe 06-21-2008 11:53 AM

I updated POST #4 with controlcal.ini settings details.

I'll be updating POST #2 soon with additional information for Creating your own Display Profiles.

Turbe 07-29-2008 09:36 PM

v1.41 RC1 (Build 20) is Now Available!

Just in time since Build 19 and the current Activation Keys will be expiring soon (which means some would lose the ability to load Profiles and use some of ControlCAL's options). :D

The current Activation Keys and Display Profiles will not work with this or future Versions. It's going to take time for me to distribute new Activation Keys. I will be sending out new Activation Keys to my Professional Users and those Users who have Donated to ControlCAL's development first.

I decided not to add the Auto Refresh or Import/Export Options in v1.41, look for them in the next Minor Version. :o

Enjoy! ;)

v1.41 RC1:
Build 20 - 07/29/2008

Chad B 09-11-2008 08:39 PM

How do I do this?

When I try to edit the profile, it asks for a password.
I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but I've been browsing the form for a while and can't find it.

Turbe 09-11-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad B (Post 1676)
How do I do this?

Hi Chad, you edit your ControlCAL.ini file which is in the same directory as the .EXE. You can edit this file with Notepad.

For more information, see the [PioneerC3] section after you CLICK HERE.

:D

Turbe 09-21-2008 09:14 PM

ControlCAL v1.41 RC2 Build 21 is now available!

v1.41:
Build 21 - 09/21/2008

venkatesh_m 09-22-2008 04:48 AM

ControlCal v1.41 RC2 Build 21 works with 8G (Asian) profiles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbe (Post 1745)
ControlCAL v1.41 RC2 Build 21 is now available!

v1.41:
Build 21 - 09/21/2008

Turbe,

Tested and works with Pioneer 8G(Asian) Profiles.:thumbup:

Thanks

Turbe 09-30-2008 07:04 PM

ControlCAL v1.41 RC3 Build 22 is now available!

v1.41:

Build 22 - 09/30/2008
+Added Support for new 9G Pioneer Kuro Monitor Command Format.
+ISFccc Input Function changed with option to Force Input Change in ControlCAL if an Error Code is received from the Display.
+Now clearing Serial Read Buffer when entering the ISFccc Interface, ISFccc Input change, REFRESH ALL and Gamma Only REFRESH.

zaks 09-30-2008 08:38 PM

I tested build 21 on the weekend with my PRO-151FD and it worked fine. I'll give build 22 a try as soon as I can find the time again.

Thanks

zaks 10-01-2008 08:58 PM

Build 22 works fine too. I didn't fiddle with all of the controls in the 9G Elite profile, but no problems with any of the regular operations.

petmic10 10-03-2008 05:26 PM

Activation Key?

Turbe,

I downloaded 1.41 for my personal use.

How long does it usually take to receive an activation key?

Thanks,
Mike

Turbe 10-03-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petmic10 (Post 1851)
Pioneer PRO-151FD

Sending, sorry...:oops:

petmic10 10-04-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbe (Post 1853)
Sending, sorry...:oops:

Many thanks.:)

petmic10 10-07-2008 07:00 AM

Turbe,

I downloaded 1.41 and used the activation key and everything seems
to be running smooth. Initially I was getting a Com error but this was
resolved when I changed to COM 3 from COM 1.

Also, everytime I start up ControlCal the default start up profile is the
Mits. profile, is there a way to have one of the Pioneer 9G profiles be
the default start up?

Quote:

you edit your ControlCAL.ini file which is in the same directory as the .EXE. You can edit this file with Notepad.
Also, when I try to edit my profile it asks for a password and I can't
figure out how to get around this. How exactly do I perform the above
in quotations.

Sorry, but I newbie when it comes to this.:o

Thanks,
Mike

Turbe 10-07-2008 08:04 AM

You don't Edit the Profile, you Edit your ControlCAL.ini file which is a separate file in the same directory as the ControlCAL Application (or should be). You should be able to double left click on the ControlCAL.com which will open this file in Notepad so you can make changes and then Save.

The default ControlCAL.ini file should like something like this:

Quote:

[Profile]
Forced_Wait_For=-1

[AutoSend]
AutoSend_Timing=15
Simply add one line with the complete path and filename of the Display Profile you want ControlCAL to load each time you start:

Quote:

[Profile]
Forced_Wait_For=-1
Startup_Load="C:\YourProfile.cdp"

[AutoSend]
AutoSend_Timing=15
You need to change C:\YourProfile.cdp for your own setup.

ControlCAL.ini is a configuration file for Windows Applications.