Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration - Display Devices > Flat Panels - Plasma > Panasonic > Panasonic Plasma User Posted Settings

Notices
Old 10-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
dpjb
Professional Supporter

Default Panasonic TC-P54VT25 ISFccc ISF Night Settings

Here is my first shot at a ISF Night calibration. It will put out about 30-31 ftL with no white clipping. I assume the gray scale started out good because I had previously worked on THX mode in the service menu and calibrated the warm gray scale

I used Chromapure and a I1D2Lt with correction offsets determined in August by Chromapure. I used Chromapure's built in signal generator through my laptop's hdmi output. This produced better results than either of my blu-ray players (PS3 and Sony BDP-S570), which were dramatically different in the color and brightnesses they produced.

The readings I obtained this way not only looked good but were close to published reviews in settings.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SettingsReport.doc (306.5 KB, 185 views)
File Type: doc CalibrationSummaryDetailed.doc (618.0 KB, 85 views)
dpjb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpjb For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Hi,

You may want to try another session using Color Temp = 2 and see if you can use a Color Setting at 50 or a little higher....
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
dpjb
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
Hi,

You may want to try another session using Color Temp = 2 and see if you can use a Color Setting at 50 or a little higher....
I tried your suggestion and used normal (or temperature 2 in ControlCal). I could not get the color at 50 or above without getting the dEs for some of the colors above 3. I've attached the results.

There is still no clipping on the whites on the Spears & Munsil disk.
Attached Files
File Type: doc NormalSettingsReport.doc (200.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: doc NormalCalibrationSummaryDetailed.doc (620.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 10-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see your CMS settings/values on your last session (word document).

Also, what did you set Panel Brightness to for both sessions?
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
dpjb
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see your CMS settings/values on your last session (word document).

Also, what did you set Panel Brightness to for both sessions?
For whatever reason, Chromapure won't save my comments for the session, which is where I put the cms values. The initial values where zero. So here they are:

red hue 7
green hue -14
blue hue 0
red sat -8
green sat -30
blue sat -9

I used the mid setting for panel brightness in both sessions. I recorded the ControlCal value of 1 for this in the backlight column.

Still can't tell if I like this better than the warm2 one are not. I'm going to put it into the ISF day setting so I can a/b compare them.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
dpjb
Professional Supporter

Ok, here is my latest and probably final attempts at calibrations for a while. I included the THX calibration for reference.

I calibrated the THX mode for no clipping of white with the Spears & Munsil test patterns. This occurred at a very low contrast level, but in my light controlled room it is plenty bright. In fact, this THX calibration is my favorite one of the three.

For all three calibrations, I used the Spears & Munsil pattern to set black level so stripe 17 is just barely visible.

I set day for 40 ftL and night for 30 ftL. By the numbers the day is the best, but it's just to bright for me. Night is ok, but I find that the THX with its low contrast and high brightness really looks great to me. I have good blacks and shadow detail, and have found floating blacks much less noticeable. I'm tempted to suggest on some boards that people try a lower contast setting to see if they like it.

P.S. I forgot to save the initial readings for the ISF Day mode and didn't feel like resetting everything just to retake them. So the only measurements there are the after readings.

Last edited by dpjb; 10-24-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Needed to add P.S.