Calibration Forums
 
 

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration - Display Devices > Flat Panels - Plasma > Pioneer > Pioneer User Posted Settings

Notices
Old 10-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default Calibration Settings For 141.

Do Not Re Post These Setting, Thanks.

Pioneer 9G Elite Monitor 141 ISF-Night Settings.
I used a Panasonic DMP-BD55 for these settings
24P on, 1080P.

Picture Settings:
AV Selection: ISF-Night
Contrast: 22
Brightness: 1
Color: +3
Tint: 0
Sharpness: -15

Pure Cinema: 2 (Advance)
Black Level: 0 (Off)
CTI: 0 (Off)
Color Space: 2
Color Temp: 6 (Manual)
Screen size 0 (Dot By Dot)

ACL: 0 (Off)
3DYC: 2
I-P Mode: 2
Text Optimization: 0 (Off)
Intelligent Mode: 0 (Off)
DRE Picture: 0 (Off)

Enhancer Mode: 1
Block NR: 0 (Off)
3DNR: 0 (Off)
Field NR: 0 (Off)
Mosquito NR: 0 (Off)

Power Save Mode: Off
Orbiter: Mode 0

RGB Controls
R High: +3
G High: 0
B High: +12
R Low: -1
G Low: 0
B Low:-1

Color Management
R: 0
Y: +1
G: 0
C: 0
B: 0
M: 0

Gamma
10%R 0
10%G 0
10%B 0
20%R 0
20%G 0
20%B 0
30%R 0
30%G 0
30%B 0
40%R 0
40%G 0
40%B 0
50%R 0
50%G 0
50%B 0
60%R 0
60%G 0
60%B 0
70%R 0
70%G 0
70%B 0
80%R 0
80%G 0
80%B 0
90%R 0
90%G 0
90%B 0

Template's by D-Nice
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SillySallyGandC.pdf (168.0 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by sillysally; 12-18-2008 at 06:56 PM.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!



Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default Pioneer 9G Elite Monitor 141 ISF-Day Settings

Do Not Re Post These Setting, Thanks.

Pioneer 9G Elite Monitor 141 ISF-Night Settings.
I used a Toshiba HD-A35 for these settings
Frame Rate Auto, Resolution , up to 1080p/24Hz

Picture Settings:
AV Selection: ISF-Night
Contrast: 23
Brightness:+2
Color: +3
Tint: 0
Sharpness: -15

Pure Cinema: 2 (Advance)
Black Level: 0 (Off)
CTI: 0 (Off)
Color Space: 2
Color Temp: 6 (Manual)
Screen size 0 (Dot By Dot)

ACL: 0 (Off)
3DYC: 2
I-P Mode: 2
Text Optimization: 0 (Off)
Intelligent Mode: 0 (Off)
DRE Picture: 0 (Off)

Enhancer Mode: 1
Block NR: 0 (Off)
3DNR: 0 (Off)
Field NR: 0 (Off)
Mosquito NR: 0 (Off)

Power Save Mode: Off
Orbiter: Mode 0

RGB Controls
R High: +4
G High: 0
B High: +14
R Low: -3
G Low: 0
B Low:-4

Color Management
R: -3
Y: +2
G: 0
C: 0
B: +3
M: 0

Gamma
10%R 0
10%G 0
10%B 0
20%R 0
20%G 0
20%B 0
30%R 0
30%G 0
30%B 0
40%R 0
40%G 0
40%B 0
50%R 0
50%G 0
50%B 0
60%R 0
60%G 0
60%B 0
70%R 0
70%G 0
70%B 0
80%R 0
80%G 0
80%B 0
90%R 0
90%G 0
90%B 0

Template by D-Nice
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SillySally HD-A35 01-18-09 Graypdf.pdf (161.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf SillySally HD-A35 01-18-09 Color.pdf (154.5 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by sillysally; 01-18-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Updated Settings
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default 141 ISF Night Settings

Do Not Re Post These Setting, Thanks.

Pioneer 9G Elite Monitor 141 ISF-Night Settings.
I used a Pioneer BD-51 (F/W 1.21) for these settings,
Sorce Direct, Hight Speed on, Professional mode,
HDMI Color Space 4:4:4:

You will need Controlcal to unlock ISF Modes.

Picture Settings:
AV Selection: ISF-Night
Contrast: 22
Brightness: 0
Color: +2 (update)
Tint: 0
Sharpness: -15

Pure Cinema: 2 (Advance)
Black Level: 0 (Off)
CTI: 0 (Off)
Color Space: 2
Color Temp: 6 (Manual)
Screen size 0 (Dot By Dot)

ACL: 0 (Off)
3DYC: 2
I-P Mode: 2
Text Optimization: 0 (Off)
Intelligent Mode: 0 (Off)
DRE Picture: 0 (Off)

Enhancer Mode: 1
Block NR: 0 (Off)
3DNR: 0 (Off)
Field NR: 0 (Off)
Mosquito NR: 0 (Off)

Power Save Mode: Off
Orbiter: Mode 0 (off) or 2 (on)

RGB Controls
R High: +3
G High: 0
B High: +13
R Low: -2
G Low: 0
B Low:-2

Color Management
R: 0
Y: +1
G: 0
C: 0
B: +1
M: 0

Gamma
10%R 0
10%G 0
10%B 0
20%R 0
20%G 0
20%B 0
30%R 0
30%G 0
30%B 0
40%R 0
40%G 0
40%B 0
50%R 0
50%G 0
50%B 0
60%R 0
60%G 0
60%B 0
70%R 0
70%G 0
70%B 0
80%R 0
80%G 0
80%B 0
90%R 0
90%G 0
90%B 0

Template by D-Nice
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SillySally PIO BD51 011208.pdf (154.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf SillySally PIO BD51 011208 pt2.pdf (158.3 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by sillysally; 02-09-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Change HDMI color space. 4:4:4:
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sillysally For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Turbe
Senior Member
Professional Supporter
 
Turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,919
Thanks: 194
Thanked 179 Times in 138 Posts
Default



Ahh, some interesting gamma changes.. can you attach the report too
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #5
Canucks
Junior Member
Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

SillySally,

Thank you for posting ISF night settings. I'm curious as to your impressions. Can you descirbe what to expect with these settings, especially the gamma changes from the default? I have a dedicated room without windows so I can simulate night viewing all day long. I'm looking for a picture with more contrast than normal, with blacker blacks and more colour vividity (Kind of like the default Sports und User AV settings). Any thoughts? I see your ISF night settings only use a contrast of 16. This, I assume, would be a fairly gray image, right? Or, does a parameter like that not matter much with ISF?
Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks View Post
SillySally,

Thank you for posting ISF night settings. I'm curious as to your impressions. Can you descirbe what to expect with these settings, especially the gamma changes from the default? I have a dedicated room without windows so I can simulate night viewing all day long. I'm looking for a picture with more contrast than normal, with blacker blacks and more colour vividity (Kind of like the default Sports und User AV settings). Any thoughts? I see your ISF night settings only use a contrast of 16. This, I assume, would be a fairly gray image, right? Or, does a parameter like that not matter much with ISF?
Hi Canucks,

I have two ISF night settings posted. You may want to try the ISF night setting with a contrast of 17. Unless you are using a Pioneer BD51/05 then go with the ISF night contrast setting of 16.
I think you will be happy with these settings from what you say you want.
As far as the lower contrast setting go that i use. The reason why I use contrast of +17 is because I only use my 141 at night for HD movies. I also use a bias back light and have that light mostly surrounded by a shade so only about a 1/4 inch of the bulb is open.
And no this is not a gray washed out picture. It is vivid and well high lighted in the dark scenes.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Any reason why you chose to have such a large hump in your gamma from 0-10IRE?
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
coltsfreak18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Any reason why you chose to have such a large hump in your gamma from 0-10IRE?
We had this discussion (partially) on the signature owner's thread, and I think it was from the source (because he calibrates from his source) that caused the gamma drop, so he had to compensate.

Edit: Ahhh nevermind, I just looked at the calibration report and saw the same thing. I don't know why it is.
coltsfreak18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #9
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Any reason why you chose to have such a large hump in your gamma from 0-10IRE?
Well nice catch. The 10% IRE reading was from me first run for checking the gamma, before I started to change any settings. All settings were at 0. I was in a hurry so I didn't bother to re check the 10% IRE after I had set my gamma and gray scale. Matter of fact the two higher IRE's (3132) average came out lower than my report shows, and there once more I was short cutting.
Gee I fell like I am back in school and just got nailed by my teacher.

Peter.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Well nice catch. The 10% IRE reading was from me first run for checking the gamma, before I started to change any settings. All settings were at 0. I was in a hurry so I didn't bother to re check the 10% IRE after I had set my gamma and gray scale. Matter of fact the two higher IRE's (3132) average came out lower than my report shows, and there once more I was short cutting.
Gee I fell like I am back in school and just got nailed by my teacher.

Peter.
Is this also the reason why 10IRE looks so bad with the grayscale?
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Is this also the reason why 10IRE looks so bad with the grayscale?
Well I would think so.

I just reviewed those two charts and I see what I did. In both cases I was rushing things and if you look at the O IRE You will see what I did. What I did was when I took the first reading I forgot to put the slider on 100% IRE and instead I left the slider on its default of 0 IRE. And as you may know , using I1pro when you try for a read on 0 IRE you get a bad reading. And I am not over confident about the 10% IRE reading either, and given the fact that on the low IRE's the time It takes for I1pro to take a reading, I do not spend much time with 0 and 10% IRE.

Ok I redid the settings so you could see the right charts. And as long as I was doing it , I made some small changes. However on the RGB tracking line the +8 B was flatter from 70 thru 100 IRE. However I was able to low color to +7 and I know that is still high for your liking.
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/show...92&postcount=2

Last edited by sillysally; 11-11-2008 at 02:20 PM.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Well I would think so.

I just reviewed those two charts and I see what I did. In both cases I was rushing things and if you look at the O IRE You will see what I did. What I did was when I took the first reading I forgot to put the slider on 100% IRE and instead I left the slider on its default of 0 IRE. And as you may know , using I1pro when you try for a read on 0 IRE you get a bad reading. And I am not over confident about the 10% IRE reading either, and given the fact that on the low IRE's the time It takes for I1pro to take a reading, I do not spend much time with 0 and 10% IRE.

Ok I redid the settings so you could see the right charts. And as long as I was doing it , I made some small changes. However on the RGB tracking line the +8 B was flatter from 70 thru 100 IRE. However I was able to low color to +7 and I know that is still high for your liking.
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/show...92&postcount=2
Looking at your chart, I don't think you have a linear gamma with your current 9 point settings. Also your upper end it too green.

The color setting is fine for the Sig series....it's not the same as the regular Elites.

Can you post your data file? I'm working on a calibration report that you and others can use to post your results. Should be ready soon.
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #13
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Looking at your chart, I don't think you have a linear gamma with your current 9 point settings. Also your upper end it too green.

The color setting is fine for the Sig series....it's not the same as the regular Elites.

Can you post your data file? I'm working on a calibration report that you and others can use to post your results. Should be ready soon.
Ok I posted a 3rd chart. How would you go about making changes.
I have the non pro version of calman.

Last edited by sillysally; 11-13-2008 at 03:42 AM.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 AM   #14
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Ok I posted a 3rd chart. How would you go about making changes.
I have the non pro version of calman.
I can't tell anything from your 3rd chart because 0-10 IRE has that hump again. Can you post a straight 11-point run so that I can see where your gamma and RGB channels line up? Where are your gamma numbers for each IRE?
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #15
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
I can't tell anything from your 3rd chart because 0-10 IRE has that hump again. Can you post a straight 11-point run so that I can see where your gamma and RGB channels line up? Where are your gamma numbers for each IRE?
Thanks for taking an Interest. I will rerun the 11PT. The O IRE is because when I run the 11 pt, I first take a 100% IRE reading. The default with calman is 0 IRE and I forgot to change the setting to 100% IRE, as I have said before. I was comparing my charts and numbers to your charts and numbers for your settings of the 151 ISF night. I found that comparison interesting. Thanks for posting your charts and numbers.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 AM   #16
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Hi D-Nice

I hope these attachments are what you are looking for.

Peter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Green.pdf (42.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: pdf green1.pdf (36.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf green2.pdf (68.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: pdf green3.pdf (84.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf green4.pdf (51.2 KB, 66 views)
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 AM   #17
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Very good. You color luminance in down for the most colors. Increase the color until everything is equal. Can you PM me your settings so that I can help you fix that slightly green top end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Hi D-Nice

I hope these attachments are what you are looking for.

Peter.
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #18
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Peter, attached is a calibration report that you can use (much easier to read your numbers ) Save it in your "layouts" folder with the rest of the layout .xml files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Free_Calibration_Report.zip (842 Bytes, 157 views)

Last edited by D-Nice; 11-23-2008 at 06:08 PM.
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-Nice For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #19
sillysally
Member

Registered Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 78
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Peter, attached is a calibration report that you can use (much easier to read your numbers ) Save it in your "layouts" folder with the rest of the layout .xml files.
D-Nice, thanks for the follow up. However I do not see any attachments.

Peter.
sillysally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #20
D-Nice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 349 Times in 55 Posts
Default

it's there now
D-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bdp-83, calman, dmp-bd55, hd-a35, isf calibration, isf day, isf day settings, isf night, isf night settings, isf settings, isfccc, isfccc calibration, isfccc settings, oppo bdp-83, pioneer, pioneer 9g, pioneer elite, pioneer elite monitor, plasma, pro-101fd, pro-141fd, pro-141fd settings, settings, signature, thx calibration

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement System V2.3 By   Branden
©2008 - 2018 ControlCAL.com