Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration - Display Devices > Flat Panels - LCD > Sharp > Sharp and Elite User Posted Settings

Notices
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
sodaboy581
Registered Supporter

Default Sharp LC60LE847U ISF Day (Standard Gamut)

I'm new to calibrating... actually this is my second day... and wanted to try my hand at this...

Here is a calibration I did for ISF Day using the Standard Gamut. I used the 75% Saturation method for doing the CMS rather than the 75% Color or 100% Color. (I can't seem to get everything on point using that method. Last time I tried, the result was extremely washed out... but I learned about the 75% Saturation method from http://www.avsforum.com/t/1134710/ep...#post_16166537 and used the Calibration Tool spreadsheet while achieving my results.)

I hope you guys can benefit from these settings!

I plan to do another "ISF Night" one using the Expanded Gamut for those who like that...

Attaching some pictures of my gray scale tracking and the XML file from ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2.

Tools used during this calibration:

- i1 Display Pro
- ColorHCFR 3.0.4.0
- ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2
- Sony Playstation 3
- AVSHD 709 AVCHD Disc
- Stereomandan's Calibration Tool (Calibration Aid) Excel Spreadsheet
Attached Images
File Type: png gray1.png (135.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: png gray2.png (131.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png gamma.png (126.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png lumin.png (95.3 KB, 24 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LC60LE847u_ISFDay(Standard_Gamut).zip (956 Bytes, 118 views)

Last edited by sodaboy581; 12-31-2012 at 10:43 AM.
sodaboy581 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sodaboy581 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
sodaboy581
Registered Supporter

If anyone is a fan of Game mode, I made some calibration settings for that as well.

Unfortunately, Game mode is locked into the "Expanded" Gamut, and is slightly lumi deficient on the Green and Cyan, but it still looks good.

Here are my settings for Game mode:

AV Mode: Game
OPC: Off
Backlight :12
Contrast: +27
Brightness: 0
Color: -6
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

C.M.S.-Hue
R: -3
Y: +14
G: -11
C: -11
B: -3
M: -1

C.M.S.-Saturation
R: +14
Y: +17
G: +13
C: +15
B: -6
M: +14

C.M.S.-Value
R: -4
Y: +4
G: +30
C: +30
M: -10

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +7
G Gain (LO): 0
B Gain (LO): -27
R Gain (HI): -1
G Gain (HI): 0
B Gain (HI): -27
Quad Pixel Plus 2: Advanced (Or your own preference)
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -2
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: Defaults

Last edited by sodaboy581; 12-31-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
sodaboy581
Registered Supporter

Reserved 2
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
basstrix
Registered Supporter

Sodaboy581,

With the exception of the screen size, we have nearly identical setups....including light meter!

Like you, I'm very new to calibration and am giving it a shot myself. I'm impressed with the results...wait...let me restate that...I'm VERY impressed with the results you've achieved in just 2 days!

I decided to try this because out-of-the-box PQ was/is poor, at best. My 52" Mitsubishi LCD has a far better picture...heck, the cheap 32" Visio in my bedroom has a better looking picture!

Anyway, I've achieved a nice gray scale cal (not nearly as nice as yours) but luminance is high, gamma is terrible, and I can't get my primaries to come in. Turbe has given me some good info and I'm in the process of going through that (in particular the 75% sat cal)

I loaded up your isf day (ControlCAL makes this so easy!). The gamma was improved and gray scale can probably be tweaked, but the gamut (green is the main culprit) is still way off. Every set is slightly different, so this isn't surprising. I'm also going to try your game mode to see how it looks.

I'd really like to see your before curves, in particular, gamma and gamut. Before getting ControlCAL, I was working with Standard mode...would be interesting to see what your default Standard measurements look like. If you find the time to post them up, I'd really appreciate it...might give me some hope that I can get mine adjusted properly!

Thanks for posting your results!
BT

Sharp LC70CE8470U

Last edited by basstrix; 01-08-2013 at 08:15 AM.
basstrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
basstrix
Registered Supporter

Sodaboy584,

After reading through stereomandan's cal method using 75% saturation panels I find that his method relies on setting gamma to 2.2. I see you've achieved a near perfectly flat 2.2 setting. Would you mind sharing with me how you adjusted gamma so accuratly?

Thanks in advance,
BT
Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
sodaboy581
Registered Supporter

Thanks for poking me over at the other place.

I sent you a PM over there in more detail... but as far as my gamma, I just used the ISF Day mode with the Standard Gamut... adjusted each point on the 10 point gray scale while using the Meter, HCFR, and ControlCAL.

You mentioned in a PM that you are unable to adjust the 10 point gray scale with ControlCAL... I don't know why that is, but verify that you are using an ISF mode to do your calibration.

If you're still unable to adjust the 10 point gray scale, you might want to poke turbe. It could be a limitation with ControlCAL and your particular model type? I'm sure turbe could get something going for you, if that's the case.

Also, like I said, I (unfortunately) did not take pictures of my before measurements. I really should have and will in the future any time I calibrate a TV.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
basstrix
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post
Thanks for poking me over at the other place.

I sent you a PM over there in more detail... but as far as my gamma, I just used the ISF Day mode with the Standard Gamut... adjusted each point on the 10 point gray scale while using the Meter, HCFR, and ControlCAL.

You mentioned in a PM that you are unable to adjust the 10 point gray scale with ControlCAL... I don't know why that is, but verify that you are using an ISF mode to do your calibration.

If you're still unable to adjust the 10 point gray scale, you might want to poke turbe. It could be a limitation with ControlCAL and your particular model type? I'm sure turbe could get something going for you, if that's the case.

Also, like I said, I (unfortunately) did not take pictures of my before measurements. I really should have and will in the future any time I calibrate a TV.
Soda,

It was actually 10 point gamma calibration I referred to in the PM. Stereomandan's method spoke of a means to adjust gamma for several points along the curve and so I was looking for a way to replicate this.

I do have the 10 point gray scale available both through ControlCAL and via tv remote control. So in addition to matching xy coordinates for 65k from 10-100 IRE, did you also match the gamma value calculated by stereomandan's spreadsheet? (This is what appears to be critical to doing his method of calibration).

Thanks for the response to my PM. As a newbie, I'm only allotted 2 PM's a day, so I wasn't able to respond immediatley.

Regards,
BT
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
sodaboy581
Registered Supporter

No, I was unable to adjust the 10 point GAMMA. Just the gray scale, same as you.

My gamma was fine once I did that with proper brightness and contrast values.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
bigeldp

Wow...just bought the LC70LE847U; I don't have ControlCal is thhere anyway to use the settings posted without ControlCal? If someone has the time to walk me through thhe calibration i would appreciate it...thanks in advance for all your help.
bigeldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
e30cabrio
Registered Supporter

I am pretty sure there are settings unavailable outside ISF mode. The donation is not alot, I highly recommend paying it.
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
RocShemp
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post
If anyone is a fan of Game mode, I made some calibration settings for that as well.

Unfortunately, Game mode is locked into the "Expanded" Gamut, and is slightly lumi deficient on the Green and Cyan, but it still looks good.

Here are my settings for Game mode:

AV Mode: Game
OPC: Off
Backlight :12
Contrast: +27
Brightness: 0
Color: -6
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

C.M.S.-Hue
R: -3
Y: +14
G: -11
C: -11
B: -3
M: -1

C.M.S.-Saturation
R: +14
Y: +17
G: +13
C: +15
M: +14

C.M.S.-Value
R: -4
Y: +4
G: +30
C: +30
M: -10

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +7
G Gain (LO): 0
B Gain (LO): -27
R Gain (HI): -1
G Gain (HI): 0
B Gain (HI): -27
Quad Pixel Plus 2: Advanced (Or your own preference)
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -2
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: Defaults
Is that backlight +12 or -12? And why lower the color globally by -6? Shouldn't saturation have been set exclusively via C.M.S.?
RocShemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #12
RocShemp
Registered Supporter

Anny updates to the game mode calibration? Or did you stay with those settings?
RocShemp is offline   Reply With Quote