Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > ControlCAL - Released Versions > General ControlCAL Discussion

Notices
Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #21
vintagebob
Registered Supporter

Thanks Turbe for all of your help. Using ControlCAL on my 151FD was a lot of fun even if I could not remember how to use windows.

It was even more fun to watch it in the hands of a professional (Robert Busch) and see the great results on the 151.

Keep up the great work and your quick help was very much appreciated!
vintagebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #22
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by go111 View Post
First, let me say that Turbe's support has been phenomenal. I ordered the bundle on a Saturday afternoon and had the cables on Monday! When I had questions re downloading the software and the profiles, the response was immediate.

Once I read the instructions, the actual use of the software was a piece of cake! And, most importantly, I love the picture ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog
Okay…. Me and ControlCAL.

Firstly, I would like to thank Turbe for his exceptional contributions to this project.

~

Turbe was of great help from the beginning. Initially, I thought it would be a rocket science to learn the process of enabling ISFccc modes and putting someone’s settings, etc. But it was not really. I followed step-by-step process provide by Turbe, also posted on ControlCAL forum, it was piece of cake and great fun. I thoroughly enjoyed tweaking out settings for my 141FD.
Posted Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvartin1 View Post
Hello, I am new to this forum and would like to thank Turbe for his fast responses and help in getting up and running with ControlCal!!!
I used D-Nice's IFS-Day and IFS-Night settings and am stunned at my Pro-151!!!
Thank You Turbe and D-Nice for your contributions to this forum!!!

Last edited by Turbe; 05-23-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkfam
Post Here

turbe, thanks for your guidance and prompt support in answering my questions and of course for the easy-to-use program you created to help do justice to the elite!

I couldn't believe my eyes after i started using d-nice's isf day/night settings. Phenomenal! I hadn't expected this much improvement over pure but it took the pq to a whole new level -- even my wife commented on how much more depth the picture had without having any artifical feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magillagorilla
Posted Here

While it has been said many times before, just wanted to reiterate that controlcal and the support provided by Turbe are terrific.

Finally had time over the 3 day weekend to sit down and work through the software. Had a couple of initial problems right out of the gate (that were on my end), emailed Turbe, and assumed that I wouldn't be able to finish my calibration due to these issues. I was very surprised and pleased when Turbe emailed me back within a few minutes. Pretty surprising dedication for a holiday.

Anyway, great product and great service. My panel (151) is now everything I could have hoped for. Picture is more than bright enough with tons of pop, but picture-perfect color accuracy. Really is a significant change. Spent the night flipping through shows I didn't even want to watch just to marvel at how great the PQ looked. Very, very pleased.

Thanks Turbe!

Last edited by Turbe; 09-08-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #24
Calvin35
Registered Supporter

Default ControlCAL Reviews & Testimonials

Thank you Turbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got ISF DAY calibrated!! I am speechless............won't even try to describe the difference between Pure and ISF DAY as I do not posses the needed vocabulary!!!!

Thanks again for all your help
Calvin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #25
nab1030
Registered Supporter

Default ControlCal - Awesome!!!

ControlCal is AWESOME!!! It did exactly what I needed it to do!!! Very nice Job!!
nab1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #26
tittaz
Registered Supporter

My Kuro has a new life thank's you!!
tittaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #27
adolfotregosa
Registered Supporter

I just wanted to say, thank you..

I have been trying to calibrate my EURO vt30 with calman since I got it and I quit.. It just NEVER seam right at the end and add to that slow controls and the software slowed down readings of the i1d3 oem just was enought for me to quit!

I jumped to chromapure and controlcal and i have to say finally !! Controlcal is SO simple and functional, EVERYTHING is a click away and fast, what a pleasure to use.

I have only have good things to say about chromapure, like not needing a super laptop but this is for another forum and day

Thank you Turbe for your support. I was helped by a Person and not by some robot..

ADMIN EDIT: ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 user

Last edited by Turbe; 01-19-2012 at 08:56 AM.
adolfotregosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #28
thewizardhunter
Registered Supporter

Plugged everything in last night and calibrated my set. Everything works perfectly no hitches. A great piece of software you have there. Makes calibrating so much easier and quicker. I used wifi and was impressed. No delays, no sluggish behaviour. Immediate responses. 5 star software!

Thanks for your prompt responses to emails also.

Last edited by Turbe; 01-19-2012 at 08:56 AM.
thewizardhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #29
Barefoot Joe
Registered Supporter

I've just have to follow up after a few weeks of having ControlCal, because I'm just so happy with the results. Initially when I got the software and cables, I decided to jump right in and use D-nice's posted settings. Of course, I didn't fully read the well done instructions for ControlCal, but no worries, a quick email and my question was answered. Then I decided to fully READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I am fairly computer savvy, but this was a new piece of software. It is designed so that most people may take a while to figure the interface out....5 minutes; maybe. The point...it is very straight forward.

I then faithfully and carefully put in each of D-nices "ISF Day" settings and took a look. Hmmm....skin tones can look like that on a TV? Cool! (as in bitchin'/top notch/the cat's meow...not meaning overly blue). I like results, and I like them quickly.

The next phase was to learn to use my i1Pro meter and DIY CalMan software bundle. This took a bit longer and involved lots of reading, asking questions, and practice on my Pioneer KURO Pro-111FD and each of my kid's Series 7000 Samsungs. On my Elite, I used the "ISF Night" mode to try out my metered settings, starting with D-nices Day settings and tweaking from there. If I ended up liking the end result more than the default D-nice's Day settings, I would use the night mode for viewing, then play some more with the day mode setting for my next calibration attempt. By swithching back and forth between the mode that I calibrated, I knew that I would always have my last attempt to fall back on for viewing. By reading, watching videos, a "webinar" thrown in too, each calibration seemed to produce a slightly better result. Last night I think I finished with "ISF Day" for good; and I have the charts, but mainly the picture, to prove it. Yowza! ( sorry for the expletives...old surfer dude here).

Here are a few descriptions I've learned and are applicable in my case....spot on color, pop, dripping blacks, natural skin tones, shadow detail. I have them all. The one that got me though was "more cinema-like experience".....what? Well, I was watching a movie (HD streaming no less) and it hit me...this looks like what I see at the movies! Stoked!

ControlCal made this all possible for me. For anyone sitting on the fence about getting it....just shoot and ask questions later. In today's vernacular, it's what is a called a "No-Brainer".
Barefoot Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #30
havlykke
Registered Supporter

Just got Control Cal 2.0 for my VT30. LOVE IT! I had some ISF settings on my HDMI 1 input that I was in love with. Took less than 5 minutes to copy all those settings over to all my other inputs. Super easy to use. Now I have that same great picture no matter what input I'm using. Turbe was a huge help and was always there to answer my questions.

Last edited by Turbe; 02-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.
havlykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261
Posted HERE:
One thing is for sure though- if you DIY, be sure to grab ControlCAL. It saves a ton of headaches.
ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 user / Panasonic VT50 owner

Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #32
Traxion
Registered Supporter

I just wanted to post my experiences with ControlCal after doing the "E-Lite" conversion on my Kuro 5020. Aside from being ecstatic about having an Elite now, turning on and calibrating the ISF modes has left my jaw on the floor from the moment I started using it.

Not only does the increased light output of 'ISF Day' really help during daytime viewing, but the accuracy of the colors and increased detail/separation of objects on screen really creates a more 3 dimensional viewing experience.

Between D-Nice's published settings for this TV and the fantastic ControlCal software, what was already a great TV is now the gold standard in the home theater world. I truly couldn't be happier. Thanks Turbe, for doing what you do!

Last edited by Traxion; 06-17-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Traxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #33
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry VanDenBerg @ Orlando Digital TV
I have been calibrating professionally for 10 years and the ControlCAL v2 Edition for Sharp and Panasonic is solid software I trust to calibrate my clients displays. The new features to copy both 2D and 3D memories between inputs is speeding up my calibration sessions. The ability to save calibrated settings gives me peace of mind for backup files and instant recovery. The versatility of serial or Ethernet connectivity is ideal when displays are wall mounted. My clients like the added value of having new ISF Day and Night preset modes so they can keep the kids locked out of the settings. The software pays for itself in time saved onsite and this enables the professional calibrator to schedule an additional same day calibration.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #34
Clearly Resolved
Professional Supporter

i just wanted to add my two cents here: ControlCAL is a superb tool for unlocking the full potential of the best HDTVs on the market.

I've been a professional ControlCAL user from the earliest days of the Pioneer Kuro version. There have been successive, impressive improvements all along the way to make ControlCAL more powerful and user friendly, such as the tabbed user interface and the network connection capability on recent and current generation Panasonic and Sharp models. The built-in "ping" network testing in the current version is the latest example of the continuing improvements.

I also love the new feature in the Sharp versions of ControlCAL that allow you to quickly toggle between the ISF calibrated modes and the built-in modes without any delay or screen blanking. Even more important, my clients love it (and the results).

And last but not least, Turbe provides first-class customer support.
Clearly Resolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #35
Gregg Loewen
Professional Supporter

hi guys

I just did my first ZT60 that was not in the lab. It turned out very well. The big advantage with ControlCal (vs accessing the professional menus via the remote) is EASE OF USE / FUNCTIONALITY. ControlCal allows you to NOT fumble around with the remote and to access all the needed controls via the laptop interface. This saves a lot of time!!!

Great job Turbe!
Gregg Loewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #36
JVCCharles
Professional Supporter

Default Turbe and ControlCal rock!

I too have been using ControlCal for quite some time and continue to buy new licenses. This business is expensive and I don't spend frivolously…ControlCal is simply worth it. In addition, Turbe is incredibly accessible and always ready to work hard to help me get the most out of ControlCal and the customer’s display. Both he and the software he tirelessly updates are a real asset to our industry. Thanks Turbe!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #37
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit
Posted HERE:
I picked up ControlCAL and ran through the whole thing again. Wow, so much easier with the ControlCAL connection.
ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 user / Panasonic VT60 owner / CalMAN 5

Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #38
Turbe
Professional Supporter

More ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 User comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbillen
VT50 Owner
Posted Here
Got ControlCal.... Within 2 minutes of working with it I can no longer imagine calibrating without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon
VT50 Owner
Posted Here
ControlCal is superior
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI
VT60 Owner
Just a note to tell you that I gave ControlCAL a workout on my 65VT60 last night and the results were spectacular. Previously, without your suburb program and its interface, it would have taken me twice the length of time to achieve the results that I did. It is a fantastic tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI
VT60 Owner
Posted Here
Don't try this without ControlCAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad
VT50 Owner
Posted Here
I just started using Controlcal, and I love it already! As dbillen mentioned, I too agree and couldn't even imagine calibrating my VT50 without it
Quote:
Originally Posted by slosvt View Post
VT60 Owner
I must say that Control Cal is a huge time saver!

Last edited by Turbe; 09-17-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #39
Turbe
Professional Supporter

More ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2 and ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 User comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgarcia
Sharp Elite Owner / CalMAN v5 User
Posted Here
I prefer the ControlCAL interface, as well as saving and quickly restoring or modifying settings. For me at least the DDC window is not a replacement for ControlCAL
~
ControlCAL is dedicated to that function and so goes well the extra mile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreedom
Professional Calibrator / CalMAN v5 Ultimate User
Posted Here
Now that I have been using ControlCal for a while, I totally agree about the interface. Much easier in ControlCal than it is in the DDC. I've become a fan.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #40
mb091
Registered Supporter

@turbe
Thank you very much for your help. I didn't expect this level of support... You seem like a very nice person. This is rare nowadays... In Croatia you must pay a lot more for something to get this kind of attention and care.
mb091 is offline   Reply With Quote