Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > DIY Calibration - Display Devices > Flat Panels - Plasma > Panasonic > Panasonic Plasma User Posted Settings

Notices
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
Turbe
Professional Supporter

What is your pattern source (specific player), specific patterns, Input Type (i.e. HDMI) and Input Signal?
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #22
ninjahifi
Professional Supporter

My source is the playstation 3. I'm using the AVS 709 disc. To test ftL I use 100% grey on the 10 pt greyscale patterns. All hooked up through HDMI from Onkyo 805 AVR.
ninjahifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #23
wmwilker
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahifi View Post
Hopefully someone can help. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm not getting anywhere near 45ftL for my max output at 100%. I took wmwilker's ISF Day setting above, loaded it into ControlCAL and using Calman and the Spectracal C6 I keep reading 35-36ftL as my max. What am I doing wrong? I know it doesn't have to be that high for a good picture I just wanted to see how it looked and compare it to what I have. 36ftL is the highest I could get using panel brightness MID and having contrast at 100.

Any ideas? Is there something I'm missing?
Hi,
I'm not sure either. I did use ControlCal with ChromaPure and an i1 Pro. I used the AVS 709 Disk patterns from an Oppo 93 blu-ray player.
wmwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
jonesey
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwilker View Post
Here is the Night settings. Output is 34 ftL
I loaded the latest ISF day and night .xml files I found here with ControlCal - The picture quality is great and the process was extremely easy! Thank you!
jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
Frans
Registered Supporter

Anyone have good 3D settings?
Frans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #26
LBJ2
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Hi,
I'm not sure either. I did use ControlCal with ChromaPure and an i1 Pro. I used the AVS 709 Disk patterns from an Oppo 93 blu-ray player.
Hello: Is there a way I can check the ftL Output of your ISF Day Setting I loaded on my Vt50 with the ControlCAL app and a color meter?
LBJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
Turbe
Professional Supporter

What meter do you have? If the meter is supported in ColorHCFR, check 100W

Here is some ColorHCFR info/instructions Here that can help you (using i1Pro)...
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #28
LBJ2
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
What meter do you have? If the meter is supported in ColorHCFR, check 100W

Here is some ColorHCFR info/instructions Here that can help you (using i1Pro)...
Thanks Turbe. A few days back I grabbed a special package deal on Calman5 Control, C3, and DPG2000. So am busy trying to learn how to use that Calman5.

In the meantime, was hoping to use the C3 with ControlCAL( an app I am already familiar with) to check wmwilker's ISF Day settings on my 65" Vt50 to see if I am getting the 45ftl output that he is seeing. My 65" is located in a room with lots of sunlight so can be problematic for daytime viewing hence the interest in the higher output.

Anyway if I read the ColorHCFR reference you posted correctly, C3 is not supported?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #29
Turbe
Professional Supporter

No, the C3 is only supported in CalMAN.

Also Note the DPG Series is RGB out only for those patterns, best to be aware of that on these Panasonics..

You could set your Bluray player to output RGB but normally people like to use YCbCr... there can be differences on these displays when using the two Input types.

Last edited by Turbe; 01-06-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #30
jhsmith6027
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahifi View Post
My source is the playstation 3. I'm using the AVS 709 disc. To test ftL I use 100% grey on the 10 pt greyscale patterns. All hooked up through HDMI from Onkyo 805 AVR.
Make sure your PS3 is set to this.

Quote:
The PS3 should have the following settings:

BD/DVD Output - YCbCr or Auto
RGB Limited/Full - Limited
SuperWhite - On
I get 42 fl at 90% contrast usind PS3 and AVS 709 files thru PS3
jhsmith6027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #31
scirica
Registered Supporter

Using wmwilker's Day and Night settings after buying ControlCal last night. Set looks great, although I knew it would because I had manually entered his settings in Custom prior. I will be getting a Jeff Meier calibration on Friday and it will be interesting to see how my panel comes out post-calibration compared to the configuration I currently have. Each panel is somewhat unique, so I'm expecting Jeff's settings will be different to some degree.
scirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #32
LBJ2
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
Using wmwilker's Day and Night settings after buying ControlCal last night. Set looks great, although I knew it would because I had manually entered his settings in Custom prior. I will be getting a Jeff Meier calibration on Friday and it will be interesting to see how my panel comes out post-calibration compared to the configuration I currently have. Each panel is somewhat unique, so I'm expecting Jeff's settings will be different to some degree.
Looking forward to reading your comparison notes! Should be a great afternoon watching a seasoned professional go about the whole process from a to z.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #33
Dattsr

Quote:

Hi, im a new member and i just purchased the VT50. How do I enter wmwilker's settings if I don't ControlCal? If I use his setting but not ControlCal, will I get the same results?
Dattsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #34
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Greetings Dattsr,

You can use Custom and your remote, you don't get isf day and isf night memories though.. of course you have to deal with the Owner's remote and the display's VT50.. much easier to adjust and calibrate with ControlCAL..
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Dattsr

Lol, but the zip files doesn't state what contrast, sharpness, etc is set as. Well, unless I'm missing something.
Dattsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #36
Turbe
Professional Supporter

You are missing something.. I will email you the specifics..
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #37
Snooboy
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbe View Post
Greetings Dattsr,

You can use Custom and your remote, you don't get isf day and isf night memories though.. of course you have to deal with the Owner's remote and the display's VT50.. much easier to adjust and calibrate with ControlCAL..
I can certainly affirm that. With ControlCal, this is a 90 second operation. Really. It's a piece of cake. The software is well worth it IMO.
Snooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snooboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #38
nyjklein
Registered Supporter

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experience as well. Jeff did my 60" Kuro and home theater several years back. I'll probably have him in for my 65VT50 after it's had a couple of months running.

Jeff
nyjklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #39
nikolausp
Professional Supporter

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Definitely looking forward to how things look now after Jeff's handiwork, compared to what you saw with wmwilker's Day & Night settings.
nikolausp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #40
nikolausp
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Here is the Night settings. Output is 34 ftL

Just curious, what settings are you (or others) using for 3D?
nikolausp is offline   Reply With Quote