Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > ControlCAL - Released Versions > Display Profiles Discussion

Notices
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Post ControlCAL's Pioneer 9G Elite Signature Monitor ISFccc Display Profile(s) Discussion

This thread is specifically for discussing ControlCAL's Pioneer 9G ISFccc (C3) Elite Monitor Display Profile(s).

ISFccc Software / ISF Software

Display Regions Supported: North America - PRO-101FD and PRO-141FD.
Current Elite Monitor Profile Version: v0.3 (Requires ControlCAL v1.45).

IMPORTANT:
BEFORE USING THESE PROFILES, PLEASE READ BOTH POST #2 AND POST #3 (below) for Instructions and Control Descriptions.

NOTE:
This is a Premium Display Profile and requires a Registered, Professional or Professional Plus Activation Key.

Additional Information that applies to the 9G Displays with the ISFccc Interface is available in the 8G ISFccc Display Profile Thread.

-----> NEW CONTROLCAL USER? SEE: Step-by-Step: Activating the ISFccc Memories and Entering Posted Settings.

Pioneer 9G C3 Elite Monitor Display Profiles for ControlCAL v1.45:

Contact Us for download information:
North American Region: PRO-101FD, PRO-141FD (North American KRP-500M and KRP-600M not supported).
European (including UK) Region: Not Supported - See Pioneer 9G European KRP-M Monitor ISFccc Display Profile Set.
Australian Region: Not Supported - See Pioneer 9G European KRP-M Monitor ISFccc Display Profile Set.

Screen Caps have not been updated yet.
PROFILE: Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-3_P1

PROFILE: Pioneer_9G_C3_Regions1_v0-3_P2

ISF and ISFccc (Imaging Science Foundation Certified Calibration Controls) are trademarks of Imaging Science Foundation.

Last edited by Turbe; 08-04-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Turbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Turbe
Professional Supporter

PIONEER 9G ISF C3 PROFILE CALIBRATION PROCEDURE FLOW

Start ControlCAL
Configure COM Port Settings [MENU/SETTINGS/PORT SETTINGS]
Quote:
Pioneer Displays Default to: 9600 Baud, 8 Data Bits, NO Parity and 1 Stop Bits, NO Flow Control.

NOTE: Suggested Port Speed: 9600 baud (default).
MONITOR NOTE: The Serial Port ID No. must be set to All (Home Menu / Control Setup / Serial Setting / ID No.Set=All).

IMPORTANT: The Pioneer ISFccc Interface will timeout and return to Normal Operating Mode (auto END CALIBRATION) after 8 minutes of inactivity/not receiving any commands via the serial port. This is normal and part of the Display's safety mechanisms. WORK-AROUND/TIP - Change a Control Setting, simply Press the small SEND Button next to a Control to resend the current value and/or REFRESH every few minutes. The 8 minute setting cannot be changed in the Display or disabled.

PIONEER ISF C3 PROCEDURE FLOW/INSTRUCTIONS
UPDATED: 07/22/2008
Load Profile Part #1 (or Part #2).

From Display Standby...

_1) Press POWER ON Button.
_2) Press the START CALIBRATION Button - Received ISF Level Not Supported Dialog? See below.

_3) Select INPUT and Press SET.

_4) Press ISF DAY MODE (or ISF NIGHT MODE, ISF AUTO MODE**) Button.
_5) Press the REFRESH Button (to the right of the SEND ALL Button) to receive the current settings for the Mode from the Display.
_6) Calibrate Controls (Press SEND to the right of each Control to send the value to the Display*).
[OPTIONAL - STEPS #7-#9]
_7) Load Part #2 Profile (or Part #1 if #2 is loaded).
_8) Press the REFRESH Button (to the right of the SEND ALL Button) to receive the current settings for the Mode from the Display.
_9) Calibrate Controls (Press SEND to the right of each Control to send the value to the Display*).
10) Press SAVE.

11) Press ISF NIGHT MODE (or ISF DAY MODE, ISF AUTO MODE**) Button.
12) Press the REFRESH Button (to the right of the SEND ALL Button) to receive the current settings for the Mode from the Display.
13) Calibrate Controls (Press SEND to the right of each Control to send the value to the Display*).
[OPTIONAL - STEPS #14-#16]
14) Load Part #1 Profile (or Part #2 if #1 is loaded).
15) Press the REFRESH Button (to the right of the SEND ALL Button) to receive the current settings for the Mode from the Display.
16) Calibrate Controls (Press SEND to the right of each Control to send the value to the Display*).
17) Press SAVE.

Repeat Steps 3-17 above for any other INPUTS you want to calibrate.

18) Press the END CALIBRATION Button NOTE: IT CAN TAKE UP TO ONE MINUTE FOR THIS STEP TO COMPLETE!!!!!!!.
19) Press POWER OFF Button.

* If Auto Send is Disabled.
** ISF AUTO MODE is not available in some Models, see Post #1 above for more information.

'RESET CURRENT' BUTTON INFORMATION
This will allow you to Reset the Settings for an INPUT'S Current Mode (DAY or NIGHT) to their Defaults and Reset the Calibration Flag to 0 (like the Mode was never Calibrated).

You can only use this Button once you have Entered Calibration Mode, Selected an Input and Selected DAY MODE or NIGHT MODE.

For example, you want to Reset all the settings for INPUT 1, both DAY and NIGHT MODES.

After Pressing the START CALIBRATION Button:

1) SELECT INPUT 1 and Press SET

2) Press the ISF DAY MODE Button, Press the RESET CURRENT Button.
3) Press the ISF NIGHT MODE Button, Press the RESET CURRENT Button.

Press the END CALIBRATION Button to exit Calibration. NOTE: IT CAN TAKE UP TO ONE MINUTE FOR THIS STEP TO COMPLETE!!!!!!!

Each Input has two Modes... if you wanted to Reset ALL, you would have to repeats STEPS 1 to 3 (of course selecting a different Input).

TIPS AND SUGGESTED OPTIONS
Enable Auto Send (disabled by default) and Disable (uncheck) Error Dialogs (found under Settings in the Menu). When using Auto Send, there should be no reason to use the SEND ALL Button. If an Pioneer Error Code is received, you will still see this in the Terminal Window.

It may be a good idea to Print the Tables.

http://www.controlcal.com/forum/show...36&postcount=3

Two other important bits of information are:
1) concerning the Gamma Controls, each time you change a Gamma Point, you want to Press one of the two Small REFRESH Buttons near the Gamma Controls (Sliders). The Large REFRESH Button in the Main Window will Refresh all Controls including Gamma, the two Smaller REFRESH Buttons only Refresh Gamma.

2) when loading the other Profile (i.e. P2 from P1) and you have already entered Calibration Mode, you do not have to Press the START CALIBRATION Button again. ControlCAL does remember the Input you selected (no need to re-send that) and which Memory you are working on (ISF Day/ISF Night).
Most start with the P2 Profile, make those adjustments and spend the rest only working with P1 (you can refer to P1/P2 as Part #1, Part #2, Page #1, Page #2 or use any term you see fit).

Please see these two Posts (they apply to the 9G's):

Procedure Flow:
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/show...35&postcount=2

ControlCAL.ini settings (speed up REFRESH, auto load one of the Pioneer Profiles on Startup, etc.):
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/show...37&postcount=4
I wouldn't change the AutoSend_Timing Setting, but the other two you would most likely find useful (many use a Value of 200 for Forced_Wait_For for the Pioneer Profiles).

RECEIVED THIS ERROR DIALOG?

If you get the "Display's ISF Level is not Compatible with this Profile" Dialog when you Press the CALIBRATION MODE Button, try again. Sometimes it is best to Select ControlCAL's Terminal Window and Press F12 (which sends a CR Only) after you first start ControlCAL, Load your first Profile and BEFORE you press any buttons, this can prep the Display for communications. If you continue to get this Dialog, verify that your Display is an 9th Generation Model.

RECEIVED THIS WARNING DIALOG?

This Warning Dialog does not indicate an Error with ControlCAL but does indicate that 1 of 2 Error Codes (as configured in the Display Profile) has been received from the Display. This could be due to communication errors, invalid values for the current mode etc.
i.e. Trying to send a value from the RGB-HIGHs (DRIVE) or RGB-LOWs (CUTOFF) Controls without first setting COLOR TEMP to 6 (Manual).

Last edited by Turbe; 01-07-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Turbe
Professional Supporter

PIONEER ISF C3 PROFILE CONTROL VALUE DESCRIPTIONS

UPDATED: JULY 21, 2008

PURE CINEMA
0 - Off
1 - Standard
2 - Advance
3 - Smooth

COLOR TEMP (This Control is also available in Part/Page #1 and #2)
0 -
1 - Low
2 - Mid-Low
3 - Mid
4 - Mid-High
5 - High
6 - Manual <--- REQUIRED FOR SETTING RGB-HIGH (DRIVE) AND RGB-LOW (CUTOFF) CONTROLS

COLOR SPACE
0 -
1 - 1
2 - 2

BLACK LEVEL
0 - Off
1 - On

ACL
0 - Off
1 - On

3DYC
0 - Off
1 - Low
2 - Mid
3 - High

I-P MODE
0 -
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3

TEXT OPTIMISATION
0 - Off
1 - On

INTELLIGENT MODE
0 - Off
1 - On

DRE PICTURE
0 - Off
1 - Low
2 - Mid
3 - High

ENHANCER MODE
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3

BLOCK NR
0 - Off
1 - On

3DNR
0 - Off
1 - Low
2 - Mid
3 - High

FIELD NR
0 - Off
1 - Low
2 - Mid
3 - High

MOSQUITO NR
0 - Off
1 - On

ZOOM
0 - Dot by Dot (FHD Only)
1 - 4:3
2 - Full
3 - Zoom
4 - Cinema
5 - Wide or Wide1
6 - Full 14:9 (Not valid with Signatures)
7 - Cinema 14:9 (Not valid with Signatures)
8 - Full2
9 - NOT USED
10 - NOT USED
11 - Auto*
12 - Wide 2 (Europe SD Models with Digital Inputs Only - Regions2)

* Auto is effective only when "SIDE MASK DETECTION" is not "OFF" and "AUTO SIDE" is not "OFF" and HD signal is incoming. Screen size is changed to Auto, if this command is entered (From Pioneer ISFccc Documentation).

* If the “FULL14:9” or “CINEMA14:9” command is received on the Signatures, an error is returned (From Pioneer ISFccc Documentation).

Last edited by Turbe; 07-08-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Turbe
Professional Supporter

ControlCAL.ini Setting Descriptions

Default Settings (Note: ControlCAL will default most values if the ControlCAL.ini file is missing or improper values are entered):
Quote:
[Profile]
Forced_Wait_For=-1
Startup_Load="C:\YourProfile.cdp"

[AutoSend]
AutoSend_Timing=15

[PioneerC3]
Line1="calibrated 3/12/2008"
Line2="by your custom name"
Line3="your custom text"
Forced_Wait_For=[-1, 0-2000]
If this is Set between 0ms to 2000ms, ControlCAL will always use this value for the Wait_For Communication Setting instead of the one entered and saved with the Display Profile (helpful if the Display Profile is Locked). This is the time (in ms) between commands sent to the Display. Set to -1 to use the Wait_For value entered and saved with the Display Profile.

Startup_Load=Path/Display Profile
If you want to load a specific Display Profile each time ControlCAL is started, enter the Display Profile's Full Path and File Name within quotes.

AutoSend_Timing=[1-60]
How long the AutoSend Window is open/closed for sending commands when Auto Send is enabled (in ms). The Default [15] will allow commands to be sent approximately once per second. Use a smaller number to allow more steps to be sent per second, larger for less steps. Setting this to 60 would allow commands to be sent approximately once every two seconds.

[PioneerC3]
Line1=
Line2=
Line3=
Requires a Professional Plus Activation Key. The Line1-3 Options allows you to customize the first 3 lines of the text string saved to a Pioneer Display during ISFccc Calibration. Each line can be a maximum of 24 characters. The 4th Line will be saved as " www.ControlCAL.com " (though you may Contact Us for options to remove this branding). Enclose your text within Quotes and use Spaces to center each line as needed. Valid ASCII Character Codes: Decimal 32 to Decimal 126 (HEX: 20 to 7E) - i.e. abcd ABCD !"#$ {|}~.

More information concerning these Settings can be found HERE.
Wolfy tested various Settings and reporting his results HERE.

NOTE:
Make sure ControlCAL.ini is in the same directory as ControlCAL's .EXE.
If you make any changes while ControlCAL is running, you need to restart ControlCAL.
Unread 09-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Due to a recent discovered change in the Monitor's Final Firmware (and confirmed with Pioneer), this Profile Set has been updated along with ControlCAL. This Profile Set does require ControlCAL v1.41 RC3 (Build 21) or greater.

A couple important changes with the Monitors:
  1. If you select an Input that is the Monitor's current selected Input, the Monitor will return an Error Code. With the release of RC3, you will not be prompted for a Dialog asking if you would like to Force the Input change in ControlCAL. Selecting 'Yes' will simply Set the Input selected in ControlCAL. Selecting 'No' will keep the original Input in ControlCAL. The Monitor's Input will not change with both options.
  2. Any Control's Value sent to the Monitor is invalidated if the Monitor's current Control setting is the same as the one sent. This applies to the SEND ALL Button and the SEND Buttons next to each Control. The Terminal Window will log the Error Code received but this can be ignored since the Monitor's Controls are set already to the Value(s) sent.

The Wait-For Settings has been changed to 200ms in this Profile Set (the other Pioneer Profiles are set to 400ms).

Last edited by Turbe; 09-30-2008 at 08:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbe For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #6
Canucks
Registered Supporter

Turbe, 1 issue. Once I start using the slider in the setting and inputting the values, I hit SEND to the right of each setting and keep getting a message in the log in RED saying 'RECEIVED ERROR CODE'. Any ideas?

Last edited by Turbe; 11-07-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Canucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
Turbe
Professional Supporter

I assume you have Auto Send Enabled (MENU/SETTINGS, is Auto Send Checked)?

If Auto Send is enabled, each time you move the slider the value is sent automatically to the Display (you don't need to click the small SEND Button). If you do hit the small SEND Button, the value will be re-sent.

Yes I know what's up with the 141, you should be able to ignore that.. the 141 does things different than all the other models.. if you send the same value as currently set, the 141 will return an error (saying, Hey, I'm already set to that, why send the same value again)...

I do suggest using Auto Send so you don't have to press the small SEND Button(s) each time...
Unread 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
jaxbxtr
Registered Supporter

Default Input Received from Display!

Force Input from CONTROLCAL?

Yes/No

Of course I replied No. because I wasn't sure what it will do.

Turbe, what's the answer?
jaxbxtr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Yes.. Basically the display (Pioneer Monitors) is sending an error code back since you are sending the command to change to the Input the Display is already set to.. it's really not an error and you should ignore it and Force the Input change in ControlCAL.
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
Baltimore Carlos
Registered Supporter

Hi,

I am a new user to this site, and have really enjoyed all the information that is available here to help me make the most out of my new plasma tv.

I have just purchased a Pioneer Elite PRO-141FD Monitor, and I am having a really hard time getting the ISF profiles (Day, Night, Auto) to my desired settings.

Specifically, I cannot seem to be able to set the sharpness in any of these settings. As soon as I move the needle on my computer from "0" to "-15" under sharpness, I see "XXX" on my tv in the place where confirmation of the settings change would normally show up. As you may have guessed, I am using Auto Send.

This same XXX shows up no matter what number I set the sharpness to. Afterwards, when I check the settings after ending calibration, the sharpness always shows up as "0," and since it is an ISF setting, it cannot be changed outside of ControlCal.

Please help! I am so close to getting my settings right, and this appears to be my final roadblock.
Baltimore Carlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #11
Turbe
Professional Supporter

After entering the ISFccc Interface (START CALIBRATION), you do get the confirmation that you have entered the ISFccc Interface correct?

After entering the ISFccc Interface, are you selecting a valid Input and pressing SET (top right on Main ControlCAL window)? You should see the Input Info on screen (top left). Then select a ISFccc memory/mode (i.e. isf Night). You should see the ISFccc memory Info on screen (top left).

Then you can make adjustments.

See this Post: http://www.controlcal.com/forum/show...8&postcount=16

-Turbe
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
Baltimore Carlos
Registered Supporter

Turbe, thanks for your reply. However, I am already doing everything that you have specified. Literally every one of my settings that I am programming via ControlCal is registering correctly except for Sharpness. Whenever I try to change the sharpness setting from 0, be it for ISF Auto, ISF Day, or ISF Night, I get an message of "XXX" on the TV in the bottom left hand corner, where it would otherwise confirm whatever change was just auto sent from my computer (for example, changes in the color setting almost immediately show up in this bottom left hand corner of the tv as a confirmation, but for sharpness it just shows "XXX").

When I am making changes to the non-ISF settings (for example, pure or sport) sharpness can be adjusted without any issues. Only within the context of ControlCal and the ISF settings are there problems.

Thanks again for your attention to this matter. Any more ideas?
Baltimore Carlos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
Turbe
Professional Supporter

What Input is this for? What is the Input configured for (Video, PC etc)? What source do you have Inputted in as you make the adjustment (including the content)?

Are you able to set Sharpness to -15, -14, -13 etc.?

Perhaps you should try another Input as well.

Lastly, are you sure you are not trying to change Sharpness to the value it's currently set to? The Elite Monitors are different from the TV's, they will send an Error Code (and display XXX) if you try to set the same value the Control is currently set to.
Unread 04-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
rmongiovi
Registered Supporter

D-Nice's ISF setting show values for power saving mode and the orbiter, but I don't see those anywhere in ControlCAL. What am I missing?
Roy
rmongiovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 06:44 AM   #15
petmic10
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmongiovi View Post
D-Nice's ISF setting show values for power saving mode and the orbiter, but I don't see those anywhere in ControlCAL. What am I missing?
Roy
You don't need ControlCal to make those changes.
Unread 04-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #16
rmongiovi
Registered Supporter

So then I presume power save and orbiter aren't input specific like the rest of the ISF settings?
rmongiovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
petmic10
Registered Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmongiovi View Post
So then I presume power save and orbiter aren't input specific like the rest of the ISF settings?
That is correct.
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
LaoChe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Carlos View Post
Turbe, thanks for your reply. However, I am already doing everything that you have specified. Literally every one of my settings that I am programming via ControlCal is registering correctly except for Sharpness. Whenever I try to change the sharpness setting from 0, be it for ISF Auto, ISF Day, or ISF Night, I get an message of "XXX" on the TV in the bottom left hand corner, where it would otherwise confirm whatever change was just auto sent from my computer (for example, changes in the color setting almost immediately show up in this bottom left hand corner of the tv as a confirmation, but for sharpness it just shows "XXX").

When I am making changes to the non-ISF settings (for example, pure or sport) sharpness can be adjusted without any issues. Only within the context of ControlCal and the ISF settings are there problems.

Thanks again for your attention to this matter. Any more ideas?
Carlos, i have the EXACT same issue you have! I cannot adjust the sharpness on my 141 in ISF Night mode (only ISF mode I've tried so far). All my other settings take, EXCEPT for sharpness. I set it to -15, and it goes back to zero once I end calibration and check it on my display. Dot-by-dot will also not stick. Any idea Turbe?

I'm using ControlCal 1.45 and have followed the instructions to the letter (I'm using input 5 by the way). The weird thing is, all the others settings save just fine. It's just the sharpness and dot-by-dot that I have a problem with. Could it be something with the profile?

Last edited by LaoChe; 06-24-2009 at 10:04 PM.
LaoChe is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
LaoChe
Professional Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks View Post
Turbe, 1 issue. Once I start using the slider in the setting and inputting the values, I hit SEND to the right of each setting and keep getting a message in the log in RED saying 'RECEIVED ERROR CODE'. Any ideas?
That's the error I get when using the sharpness slider. When I use the other sliders like "contrast," I get no errors.
LaoChe is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Are you Inputing a Signal on the Input?

Just watch a Cable/Sat channel or a Movie via your BD/DVD Player while entering those settings.

If you were doing a proper calibration, you would input a signal with your Pattern Generator or BR/DVD Player with patterns disc during calibration/adjustment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbe For This Useful Post: