Calibration Forums

Go Back   Calibration Forums > ControlCAL - Released Versions > General ControlCAL Discussion

Notices

Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Default ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2 (PRO-60X5FD, PRO-70X5FD, LC-60LE847U, LC-70LE847U)

ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™
Display Control and Calibration Made Easy!™
No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

"The implementation is excellent from ControlCal." - Kevin Miller (ISF Technical Consultant & ISF Co-instructor, TweakTV Co-Founder)
"ControlCAL is the only way to fly!" - Bill Hergonson - Coast Calibration
"I find ControlCal indispensable" - Chad Billheimer - ISF and THX Touring Calibrator

Elite by Sharp / Sharp Elite
Sharp Elite Calibration

PRO-60X5FD and PRO-70X5FD ISFccc Calibration Software / ISF Software
LC-60LE847U, LC-70LE847U, LC-60C8470U, LC-70C8470U, LC-80LE844U, LC-60LE845U and LC-70LE845U ISFccc Calibration Software / ISF Software

Built from the same highly acclaimed ControlCAL v2 Core and Interface in ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2
"The implementation is excellent from ControlCal." - Kevin Miller (ISF Technical Consultant & ISF Co-instructor, TweakTV Co-Founder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Cooper @ Cinetune View Post
I too have been using ControlCal for quite some time and continue to buy new licenses. This business is expensive and I don't spend frivolously…ControlCal is simply worth it. In addition, Turbe is incredibly accessible and always ready to work hard to help me get the most out of ControlCal and the customer’s display. Both he and the software he tirelessly updates are a real asset to our industry. Thanks Turbe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Weil @ ClearlyResolved.com (ISF/THX Calibrator)
Posted HERE
ControlCAL is a superb tool for unlocking the full potential of the best HDTVs on the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry VanDenBerg @ Orlando Digital TV
I have been calibrating professionally for 10 years and the ControlCAL v2 Edition for Sharp and Panasonic is solid software I trust to calibrate my clients displays.
~
The software pays for itself in time saved onsite and this enables the professional calibrator to schedule an additional same day calibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross
Posted HERE
For a DIY'er, or even if you like to tweak a calibrator's ISF settings, ControlCal is an invaluable tool.You'll also find Turbe's tech support top notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robguima
Calman v5 is out and while controls are better, calibration without controlcal is something I'd not wish to anyone
More ControlCAL Version 2 Edition User Comments HERE

CONTACT US first if you are interested in the ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2!

2011 ELITE MODELS SUPPORTED (with Elite X5 Activation):
  • PRO-60X5FD
  • PRO-70X5FD
2012 SHARP MODELS SUPPORTED (with Series 84x Activation):
  • LC-60LE847U, LC-70LE847U
  • LC-60C8470U, LC-70C8470U
  • LC-80LE844U
  • LC-60LE845U, LC-70LE845U
  • LC-90LE745U
  • LC-60LE745U, LC-70LE745U (not confirmed yet)
  • LC-60C7450U, LC-70C7450U (not confirmed yet)
  • LC-60C6400U, LC-70C6400U (not confirmed yet)
  • LC-60LE640U, LC-70LE640U, LC-60LE640UA, LC-70LE640UA (Not Supported)

Interface Support:
  • Serial
  • Network

ControlCAL can also be used with ColorHCFR, ColorFacts, CalMAN, ChromaPure and other Video Calibration Applications.

Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32 or 64bit), Microsoft .NET4
You do need .NET 4.0 Framework. If you don't have it, you can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5-b386f32c0992

SEPARATE ACTIVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ELITE X5 MODELS (i.e. PRO-70X5FD) AND SERIES 847 MODELS (i.e. LC-70LE847U)! Example: You have a Elite X5 Activation now and want to use ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2 on a LC-70LE847U, you will need an new and additional Activation Key. CONTACT US for more information.

ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2 End User License Agreement (EULA) - CLICK HERE

ControlCAL ACTIVATION KEY AND LICENSE INFORMATION:

• The Registered Activation Key is valid only for personal use by Non-Professionals on your own display.
  • If you are a Professional in the Video, Audio, Broadcast, Film and/or Home Theater Industry or you want to use ControlCAL on Multiple Display Models, you are required to have a Professional Activation Key regardless if you are using ControlCAL on your own display.
  • ControlCAL's Activation Keys are not transferable. ControlCAL is Licensed to a specific User.

Examples of uses that require a Professional license:

• Professional video calibration service — You charge a client money for calibrating a display.
  • Multiple Displays including those not owned by you — You want to use ControlCAL on multiple Displays including friends and family owned displays.
  • Industry Insider/Professional — You are in the Video, Audio, Broadcast, Film and/or Home Theater Industry.
  • Commercial Enterprise — You are a corporate entity rather than an individual. You use ControlCAL in the course of your business.

DJG's Dark/Black Windows Theme available here: http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870

ISF and ISFccc (Imaging Science Foundation Certified Calibration Controls) are trademarks of Imaging Science Foundation.

Last edited by Turbe; 01-17-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Turbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register to remove these ads. It's free!

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Reserved 1
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Reserved 2
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Reserved 3
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Reserved 4
Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Sharp Elite calibration available now with ControlCAL

PRO-60X5D / PRO-70X5FD calibration available now with ControlCAL
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
jagreenough
Registered Supporter

Default sharp 70C8470U and ControlCal?

Hi,
New member and user of ControlCal on the above sharp. I have a couple of quick questions (hopefully):
* If I create/activate ISF day and night memories, then don't use them, i.e. don't make changes is that okay?
* when I start the cal, I only see ISF day, I cannot see Movie, Game, etc. the built in viewing modes. Is that normal?
* what would happen if you disconnect before ending a calc?
* Are these adjustments "on top" of what ever I've already setup? I mean that if I just need to tweak, or make big adjustments to gamma or grayscale, do these changes add to whatever I've already setup? Probably for contrast that's not true as that one seems to carry over from how I set it in movie mode (current viewing mode).
* some of the settings seem inconsistent after a get all. film mode for example is off in movie mode, but isf day showed it as on "adv high" after a get all.

* most importantly, how do I select either of the isf day or night modes with the remote or through the menu systems?

thanks,
jeff
jagreenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
Turbe
Professional Supporter

• You can activate each memory and just leave them at the defaults, but you might as well adjust/calibrate it
  • On your Model, ControlCAL will only activate and adjust/calibrate the ISFccc memories, not the stock picture modes (like movie, game etc).
  • If you disconnect without using End Cal, ISF calibration mode should be disabled/exited.. if not, just Power Off the display with your owner's remote control.
  • isf Day and isf Night are separate memories from the stock picture modes/av selections, they don't affect the stock modes and the stock modes dont' affect the isf memories.
  • The Default values for isf can be different than the stock modes.. again this is a separate calibration interface.

Follow the steps in the email to activate and adjust a isf memory.. you must follow those steps (I'll email that section to you again).. Once activated and you End Cal / Disconnect in ControlCAL, the new memory will show up in the list, use your owner's remote control to select it.

Last edited by Turbe; 06-20-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
jagreenough
Registered Supporter

Hi Turbe,
This is really cool. I think I get it now. since I've not created them, they don't show up as a selecteable mode. Also, they're separate. Let me get them setup and see how they look in Calman + D3. Movie mode calibrated up very nicely. ControlCal, should make things much easier and faster. Will advise and thanks for your speedy help! Best, jeff
jagreenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Let me know if you have any questions
Old 03-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #11
e30cabrio
Registered Supporter

I have a Sharp LC60LE847 that I tried to calibrate using my licensed i1 Pro III but keep getting frustrated. I have downloaded control cal, how do I get what I need from you to use it with my basic license? I have a serial cable and a gender changer so it is female on both sides.

Thanks
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #12
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Welcome to the Calibration Forums,

I'll email you some info now.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
e30cabrio
Registered Supporter

Thanks for the prompt response.

I'm a guy who should have had his TV calibrated by a pro but instead spent more on the meter & calman.

I'll paypal the payment.

Thanks!
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
edwoodjr
Registered Supporter

I'm looking for quadpixel 2 setting in controlcal but I don't see where it's located. I see the quad pixel settings going over when I send it over. Also any way to adjust to 240 aquomotion? Thanks!
edwoodjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #15
Turbe
Professional Supporter

Hi, there is no setting to disable the 4th pixel, the control labeling is misleading by Sharp, it's for Precision Color.. in regards to motion, it's up to 120Hz High.. 240 (and 480 on the Costco models) is just more processing and not available in ISFccc which is about calibration...

Last edited by Turbe; 04-29-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #16
Clearly Resolved
Professional Supporter

i just wanted to add my two cents here: ControlCAL is a superb tool for unlocking the full potential of the best HDTVs on the market.

I've been a professional ControlCAL user from the earliest days of the Pioneer Kuro version. There have been successive, impressive improvements all along the way to make ControlCAL more powerful and user friendly, such as the tabbed user interface and the network connection capability on recent and current generation Panasonic and Sharp models. The built-in "ping" network testing in the current version is the latest example of the continuing improvements.

I also love the new feature in the Sharp versions of ControlCAL that allow you to quickly toggle between the ISF calibrated modes and the built-in modes without any delay or screen blanking. Even more important, my clients love it (and the results).

And last but not least, Turbe provides first-class customer support.
Clearly Resolved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clearly Resolved For This Useful Post:
Turbe (05-18-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #17
JVCCharles
Professional Supporter

Default Turbe and ControlCal rock!

I too have been using ControlCal for quite some time and continue to buy new licenses. This business is expensive and I don't spend frivolously…ControlCal is simply worth it. In addition, Turbe is incredibly accessible and always ready to work hard to help me get the most out of ControlCal and the customer’s display. Both he and the software he tirelessly updates are a real asset to our industry. Thanks Turbe!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
Turbe
Professional Supporter

More ControlCAL Elite X5 Edition v2 and ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 User comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgarcia
Sharp Elite Owner / CalMAN v5 User
Posted Here
I prefer the ControlCAL interface, as well as saving and quickly restoring or modifying settings. For me at least the DDC window is not a replacement for ControlCAL
~
ControlCAL is dedicated to that function and so goes well the extra mile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreedom
Professional Calibrator / CalMAN v5 Ultimate User
Posted Here
Now that I have been using ControlCal for a while, I totally agree about the interface. Much easier in ControlCal than it is in the DDC. I've become a fan.